Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Road to Hell...

When exactly did I get on it? The first time I swore? The first time I mentally called my mother a bitch? The first time I wished my sister had never been born? The first time I wished my father would never come home from one of his binges?

But I did regret those things as soon as I thought them so perhaps I was forgiven - after all, I did go to confession at least twice a year in those days and what other sins did I have!

So maybe it was the first time I had 'impure' thoughts about a boy (I don't even know who or when that was), or maybe it was the first time I kissed a boy, or maybe it was the time I lost my virginity? Or maybe, just maybe, it was the time I introduced three dear friends - alcohol, cigarettes and marijuana - into my life... once they were in, there was just no turning back was there? No fun memory in the past six years is complete without one of them being present and most of the time, all of them were. Hell - they were the life of the party, not you or me!

So what should I do? Give it all up? Turn over a new leaf? Not today... I don't have the strength to do this today.

So I'll leave you now, and return to my life, where I live in sin with my boyfriend and smoke a joint every night and drink myself into an alcoholic stupor every weekend... oh well, I'm not complaining.

And the prayers of the more virtuous members of my family should help when it comes down to judgement day!

No comments: