Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So much for the city Tell me that you'll dance to the end So much for the street lights They're never gonna guide you home

It’s been a while since I’ve written one of them ‘and this weekend I did blah blah…’ so, here it is. So, this weekend I had a very random girls night on Friday where the most of the other girls proceeded to get very drunk and I tried to get to the same level but it didn’t really happen. I had lots of fun though watching the other girls being very drunk. When I got home I hung out with boys being very drunk and laughed for many hours.

On Saturday we packed up and headed to the big city… haha… the big city is this town called Geelong about an hour away from Melbourne and our friend has been living there for about six months because of his workplace and now he’s returning to civilization at the end of the month so we kinda forced ourselves on his house for one big slumber party. And every time he heads back there on a Sunday night after spending the whole weekend in Melbourne, he says, “See you later… it’s time I was heading back to the big city”… hahaha, it amuses me no end. A billboard on the freeway proclaimed the big city as the most liveable place in Australia and that also amuses me no end…!!

So we engaged in many fun activities whilst there… we played the world’s most moronic board game – Battle of the Sexes, if you please. According to that game, it seems that the only subject women are well-versed in is wine (and a few books) and the only subject men are well-versed in is beer (and a few TV shows)!! Anyhow, we played it and there were also many stupid dares involved such as dancing for ONE WHOLE MINUTE… very daring, I know! But towards the end we reached a stalemate because the stupid dares wouldn’t let us move on and kept moving us backwards so I think people lost interest and stopped playing. But by this time I was toasted and very upset that we ended the game without a winner. Well, that’s not entirely true… I think we all agreed that the women were the smarter/cooler/better sex! Haha… who can refute that with my commenting turned off!

So we also sang many songs very loudly and I’m sure the other inhabitants of the big city will not be too keen to receive us again. And then someone suggested the awesome plan of driving to the beach which is about 20 minutes away. I was most upset that other people’s common sense prevailed about driving drunk! I ended the night on my dear little blue sleeping bag that has seen much better days. What fun tales my sleeping bag also could tell… But it is kind to me no longer… I had a very sore hip the next morning, although, to be fair, I bruise like a peach.

We ended up our trip to the big city at where else but a classic icon of suburbia – MacDonald’s (with three other fast food places in the same lot). I walked in playing the part of trailer trash to perfection in my sweats, sweatshirt (which is some 100 years old and belonged to my DAD), and heeled footwear (from the night before)… haha!

All in all, it was a very fun trip to the big city and though I will quite possibly never return, I will forever keep with me the fond memories of my one night in the big city.

No comments: