Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tonight I will love love you tonight... Give me everything tonight

What is my world coming to when a song by Pit Bull makes me reminisce??! For like a month ago??! I've decided to start blogging again. But micro-blogging i.e. twitterish bursts of wisdom but not limited to 140 characters exactly. But not my epic sagas of yore either. Haha. Fat chance. Let's see what happens!! So back to Pit Bull of all people. I assume it is actually a person. I wouldn't have a clue of it's a pseudonym or a guy or girl or group or what. Anyhoo, so about a month ago, I visited the party capital of the world and had one of the best nights of my life. Not exactly sure how or why but it was freaking awesome. I won't get into the details but suffice it to say we rolled Miami to Ibiza style with the Swedish House Mafia and Hed Kandi!! But that wasn't even the most awesome part. It was being my usual wide awake self at 7 am and convincing folks that the only thing to be done right there and then was to swim in the ocean. So fearlessly I dove in and floated about for a couple of hours and watched the sun rise and everything. I also know I couldn't touch the sandy floor a number of times but apparently when one is drunk, there is no fear. Ironic because not touching the ocean floor is probably when you need your wits about you the most. But it wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time. Come to think about it it wouldn't be the worst way to go. I'm never happier than when I'm floating about in the buoyant sea, alcohol gently clouding my normally overly practical judgement!! Honestly my best times in life have been in these similar circumstances. Only the sea/country itself changes. India, Australia, Fiji, Thailand, Malaysia, Italy, Spain, France... I have very simple needs :-) So anyway, that was my point. This song reminds me of Ibiza which reminds me of yet another free ocean moment... And then there was the drive to France... Road trips tend to sound more romantic than they really are... For most of it, the freeways roll into each other until they're one big massive stretch of grey nothingness with the occasional beautiful ocean view or snowcapped mountain thrown in but on every such trip, there always comes that moment where it all comes together and the right song plays and you remember why you started this trek in the first place and you manage to catch that fleeting elusive wind of pure contentment... So Pit Bull rocked it this time... Who could be next :-) My roadtripping tales for another time then...

No comments: