Friday, September 22, 2006

When Im tired and thinking cold (substitute with feeling old) I hide in my music, forget the day And dream of a girl I used to know

I closed my eyes and she slipped away

What am I doing blogging on my birthday? Well it's like this... my boyfriend and friend have abandoned me for work/student pursuits and my parents take like forever to get ready when they're on holiday!!! So I thought, now is a good time as any for the pearls of a quarter century of wisdom to pour forth... Yes, I laugh too at the pomposity of the last statement!! What pearls? What wisdom? Is there any such direct relationship between age and wisdom? I don't really think so... I think the only great thing about age is the pragmatic way you begin to start looking at things that just never used to happen when I was 10 or 12 or 14 or even 18. Those are the girls that slipped away.

So maybe that's what wisdom is... who knows, who cares. All I know is I'm 25 and certainly not feeling as exuberant as I normally feel on a birthday but I could be feeling this way just for the sake of drama also... :-)

There's just been so much happening with my parents' visit and work and what not. Tonight is big party as usual and will update next week on all the events/presents/etc.

But I just have to say, I am the proud owner of a brand new Nokia 6131 (courtesy Mr. Moonlight) which is one of them flip ones and I've just been dying for a flip phone for a while and this is the first time in my life I'm owning a funky phone while the model is still new and funky... haha... I love my new baby and will christen it sometime...

Happy Birthday baby sister!!! (well, when she was just 17, you know what I mean, and the way she looked, was way beyond compare)

No comments: