Thursday, July 07, 2005

And I Guess Thats Why They Call It The Blues

I really should stop listening to music at work… because I waste enough time blogging and what not and it takes me some time to really get into what I need to work on and everything goes well for a while and then suddenly a song will play and it’ll just make me want to write for some reason… it’ll remind me of something or make me feel a certain way. On a different day, a different mood, if I had to listen to the same song, it might not have the same effect on me… But on some days (I blame that bloody iTunes Party Shuffle… you never know what you’re gonna get) … so here we are again!

Right now was I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues by Elton John. Now I am not a huge fan of his music… I have tremendous respect for his talent and Crocodile Rock was always a fun song and as a soppy teeny bopper I naturally listened to Sacrifice a million times over, but was never attached to his music in any way! But this song, it always does something…

I remember listening to this song on my walkman… tears streaming down my cheeks…

Never forget I’m your man

I remember a day in Madras, Sista T, J, and me and the Boat Club… a race almost won, so close… singing this the entire day… a night of dancing under the stars…

Laughing like children

iTunes has decided to throw me a trance number now from the Ministry of Sound Annual so the mood is gone! I won’t ever forget though. There were times we had the blues and there were times our days were as bright and happy as tangerine orange!

4 comments:

Rat said...

Was this the race you'll competed in after i left ??

Pink said...

Who is J? They don't call them Blues for nothing!

Nat said...

I love that song!!! And what an awesome day that was. And we lose that race because that stupid substitute dug her oar in and started screaming and refused to let us move. Stupid idiot!

Penny Lane said...

Rat: Yes... you bloody ditched us and ran off to Bangalore

Lavi: J is Jothe in CA

Broken Verses: It could have been a lot worse... you could've had a slipped disc instead of a broken discman!

Sista T: Ya, and we had that stupid substitute because Rat ditched us and ran off to Bangalore. Wasn't she someone's cousin and a klepto or something?

Kuba: Go read my story on my beloved dog H... some hot pix of her there and also some hot pix of a new puppy named Rusty... but I'm guessing you don't swing that way!

Naaz: Hey hey hey... it was already a rather crowded bandwagon when I tried to jump on it!

Liquid sunshine: Hmmmm... ok, you can keep your anonymity for now! I also feel damn old and boring and feel the best years of my life have already passed me by!

Jothe: Yeah, it was a very close one! We should've kept at it but the lazy things that we were we just stopped!!