Friday, July 15, 2005

Oh my god... I'm so high! 2 glasses of wine over a 3 hour Friday lunch can do that to you. It's been so long since we've done this mid-day drinking thing. Back at work now and I feel like Chief "Broom" in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... there's a thick fog all around me.

This lunch was a celebration because a bloody system that was developed last year celebrated its first birthday this week... so lame, I know, but what fun. I didn't even know it was a company paid lunch until it was time to pay!

Anyway, everyone left and just me and two other people stayed back to continue bitching about the rest of the business for another half hour. It was theraputic!

Ok, now I must go... my friends are laughing at my highness! They were not invited to the lunch so they are stone sober right now!

8 comments:

Rat said...

I want mid-day drinks !!!!!!!!!! Some Vokda and orange juice would be sooo nice right now.

Thetis said...

dear tipsy miss,

arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

yours truly,
jealous mid day worker.

Ketchi said...

its 2 in the afternoon here after lunch.. need I say more.. zzz

Pink said...

What is this job you do and what is this company?????! What fun man!

Penny Lane said...

Oh what a fun Friday it was... drunkenly working through some shit in the afternoon and started drinking again at 5:30 pm! We don't always get to have such a good time so don't be jealous anyone :p

Tartrazina said...

Great start to your weekend PL... do hope you kept up with the drunkeness all thru! Cheerses Dear!

. said...

ah, mid day tipples. It has been really song since I indulged in that. Particularly on a working day, but I should try it soon...

Penny Lane said...

Tartrazina: It was a great weekend. I'm getting too old to be drunk more than one night a week, but it was good fun being so high on Friday afternoon!

Vague: Yes, it really is the most fun. Right now it is mid-day on Tuesday so pretty damn boring life is... thank god Friday will roll around soon!!

Oh and welcome to my blog the both of you :)