Friday, September 23, 2005

I need you more than anyone darling, you know that I have from the start

So much to tell… so little time… Birthday has been a total blast thus far. Actually it started last weekend itself – I am a strong believer in the birthday week concept… why celebrate just one day when you can celebrate a whole week ;) Anyway, last weekend involved much drinking and smoking and singing and it was a very tired me that started the working week on Monday.

Wednesday night, we drank some beers at home and stared at the clock from 10:30 pm willing it to go faster because I was so sleepy and tired. But I did perk up considerably when it neared 12:00 and then there was much hugging and kissing before I demanded my presents. S bought me some kick ass stuff and he even wrote me a cute poem in my card (what a year for poems this has been) and it was all very sweet and thoughtful. So presenting my hoard:



One funky iPod Nano – how tiny and sleek and sexy does it look. And don’t miss the packaging… it all fits into that double CD type box

One DKNY watch – very nice. My old watch I’ve been wearing for about 5 years and as if it knew its time was up, the battery stopped the other day and I hadn’t replaced it because I had a feeling I was getting a new one ;)

A Bob Dylan DVD which I shall watch this weekend

A photo frame because he wants all my photos to be consolidated in the one place and not displayed all over the room as they are currently

And perhaps the sweetest gift of them all, a DVD with all my old music and photos and documents that I felt were lost for good when my old PC packed up and which he recovered for me.

And he also bought me flowers last night and I have forgotten to take a picture of them. Damn!

My housemate T also bought me a very cool gift. He bought the poster and did much artwork himself to mount it and frame it, etc. Check it out hanging proudly in the living room…



I went to work rather late last morning and was greeted with the following beautiful things…



A bouquet with little notes from most of my friends

A pair of earrings that my friend actually made. Talent, I say…

A card and a beautiful shell pendant from two of my other friends

Two shot glasses and six tiny liquor bottles from the husband of one of my friends who remembers my last birthday quite vividly because the week before I went to their house for a party and got absolutely wasted on tequila shots (two friends and I finished 1.5 bottles between us) and very vocally insisted he come to my party the following week (he’s this 6 foot 5 inch well-built farmer man). I haven’t given such loud performances in a while. Maybe tonight…

I made bludging at work an art form yesterday… I did absolutely nothing except talk to people and answer phone calls. There were so many phone calls also… much fun it was. Parents, grandparents, Rat, JR, Sista T, Snoop (whose call I missed :( ), aunts, uncles, cousins, friends here and lots of emails too.

Lunch was a very lazy affair at TGIF. I shouted a round of drinks (we only had one round since we had to go back to work)… Check out my Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea… its not that lame Long Island Iced Tea your grandma sips… this is the Ultimate one. Look at the size of the bloody glass… Anyway, it didn’t really do much except make me very sleepy at work that afternoon (not that I was doing anything except transferring music to my iPod).



Finally last night, I took S and T out for dinner to Blue Train. Had a couple of Cosmopolitans (I’m actually a rum and coke chick but its nice to drink colourful drinks on your birthday even if they don’t get you high) and then we finished off at P.J. O’ Brian’s with two rounds of Pink Pussy shots!



With about half an hour left of my birthday I got to speak to my sister. Her friends had thrown her a surprise party at home about then and I was treated to a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday to me from all her friends. Madam was more interested in hanging out with her boys and girls than talking to me so I let her go after telling her to check her email because I emailed her the poem but I don’t think she’s had the time and today she’s off on an interstate class trip. Ah well, that’s 16 year olds for you…

Ended the night by listening to tons of my old music on my brand new iPod Nano for about two hours and very sleepy at work now. Damn… have to party my ass off tonight also!

S has been awesome throughout… pandering to my every whim. I wish it was my birthday every day. I suppose I’ll have to settle for the week.

19 comments:

D said...

woweee! honest penny that is one heck of a presents list. the nano is truly sexy! it does top the list but i think i the shot glasses and small alcohol bottles come a close second... oh and the poster. oh well you get the message.
oh and perk up and gather your energy for tonight... after all this is gonna be your official celebration - right? have fun!!!!

Dr. Pissed said...

I'd have sent you some cool dvd's too. But too bad, I dont have your address

Anyways, I always love budday weeks/months. Sadly, I rarely ever celebrate them

Glad you had a blast though. Keep the cheer all year long. Loads of sunshine.

Kunal Daswani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rat said...

Soooooooo cool !! Hey techinically this is my birthday week too, but I didnt have so much excitment. But tom promises to be wild.
You have fun tonight and remember LOTS of pictures.

Pink said...

WOW! so many cool presents..but the best of them all is the Bob Dylan DVD..i saw it on news (NDTV) just last night n i was thinking that I really want to own that! I hope you got my email. Anyway, happy b'day again and may the celebrations continue! :)

Momma J said...

awww....I think i'm the only one amongst my friends to not own an i-pod now!!! Officially EVERY one of my girl friends has them. How cool is that. Much happiness the birthday is....i've not had so much of a week yet...but maybe i should work on that now!!! The nano looks simply amazing!!! and what abt the early (pre) b-day gifts...?? By the way that post on R....makes me wonder why my sis nver wrote things like that for me!!!

shakester said...

everything sounds absolutely awesome- thats an awesome list!
now we await more (insane?) deatilas from the night....

Nat said...

Yeah the Nano is just too cool! Tho the DVD with all the recovered stuff is a pretty cool gift too!
Ooohh what great gifts!
Have fun tonight!!!

Vignesh said...

Wow ! All that for one person on one birthday ? I don't think putting together every gift I ever got for my birthdays ever, I would beat that loot !

You must be special. Really so !

:)

SV said...

Happy Birthday Penny Lane !! Great photos btw !

. said...

so much of dylan and beatles going around, check out the fourth comment here

. said...

and, might I add- what loot, dear girl!:)
have a blast.( ihope the relevant material has been replenished)

the cowlick said...

!!!!! wow..sorry I'm late in wishing you! I know now that you had a great day.. hope you have many many more great days.

AB said...

What a whole lot of nice gifts!

|| sbk || said...

Wow! Great blog..! Happy belated birthday.. awesome gifts.. I love birthdays too..Await them every year..! Hope you have a good year ahead.. Cheers!

Jax said...

Wow!! THAT is an awesome birthday week! No wonder you are always
looking forward to your bday ;)

I want an Ipod nano too!!!

A and A said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENNY!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful wonderful year ahead filled with the nices things!!!! (and sorry im late but i was in transit!)

Jay said...

Happy Birthday. Sorry, my eyes blurred with tears of envy after I read that you got the nano. Man I want that sexy little thing.

Penny Lane said...

D: Yeah, I know... they were all such sweet presents :)

Dr. Pissed: What kind of cool DVDs are we talking about??

Rat: There are tons of pictures.. will be sharing shortly!

Lavi: Yes, I got your email, thanks! Going to watch the Bob Dylan DVD today.

JR: Don't worry, your iPod will come soon. I got a pair of Levis as my pre-birthday gift;) I'm sure your sister feels it even if she hasn't written it!

Akr: Insane all right... I don't remember most of it :)

Sista T: I know... the DVD is so sweet. Friday night was much fun!

Vignesh: I don't know about special, but lucky, YES :)

Liquid Sunshine: Cheers :)
And no, it hasn't been so good in a while!

Sharad: Thanks :)

vAgue: Bob Dylan introduced the Beatles to the good stuff???!! Didn't see that coming... hasn't been replenished, but there was some on Friday night!

Beatrix Kiddo: Isn't it just the coolest... it's added so much character to the living room!

Cowlick: Thanks :) It was really a blast!

Naaz: You may rise, humble non-iPod-Nano-weilding servant ;) Hope your birthday was great too!

AB: I know... and I got some more cool presents from people who came to my party!

SBK: Thanks :) I know, birthdays really rock!

Jax: Yeah, I suppose one such awesome week in a year is something to look forward to. And don't worry, your iPod Nano time will come ;)

Wishful Thinker: Thanks :) Where have you been lately?

Jay: Thanks :) Don't you have a sexy little thing called NM ;)