Thursday, September 08, 2005

the Waiting was not In Vain

Its here… its here! My package from Mint Chutney.

Imagine my excitement to get home last evening and spot a bright pink, exciting looking package addressed to ME. I didn’t even take my coat off before ripping it open and out flowed tons of cute little, sweet smelling things. Let me list them all now:

Mint Mix CD – good stuff, been listening all day. Wont talk about the music anymore so as to not ruin the surprise for the rest of you expecting Mint Mix

Chicago T-shirt – I have a Chicago Hard Rock Café top and a Chicago shot glass and a Chicago mug but never had a Chicago t-shirt before

Chicago Postcard – by the way Mint, I visited the Shedd Aquarium this time around in Chicago. There was a very cute Beluga whale.

Magnets

Nail Kit

Fun pens, fun notepaper, bookmark, cell phone charm

Scented erasers

Keychain

Pocket Mirror

2006 Calendar (with cool vintage crate labels)

and my personal favourite:

Chiclets… tiny size Chiclets… flavoured coated gum Chiclets – I had really forgotten these even existed and I finished the whole packet in about 10 mins… kept popping more and more… it was damn yum and also quite nostalgic. Haven’t had Chiclets in years!



Thanks a lot Mint… was much appreciated… and as said before… the Waiting was not In Vain ;)

15 comments:

Pink said...

WOW!

Rat said...

I think I'm going to cry now. waaaaaaaaaah. I hate the Indian Post office. I hate them.Ok Im offically throwing a tantrum now.

Sooooo nice.sniff.

Momma J said...

howcome you get all these goodies??? No fair!!! Is it an early birthday gift??

Vignesh said...

Alright. If I get anything less than a Ferrari in my package, Im going to throw a fit.

And where the heck is it !?!!??!!?

the cowlick said...

Fun pens, fun notepaper, bookmark, cell phone charm.. Scented erasers, Keychain..
How old are you guy?? OK.. just jealous!

Mint Chutney said...

YAY!!

I'm so glad you liked it Penny. Wouldn't the world be a happier place if we each sent a CD package to a perfect stranger? Enjoy!

Dr. Pissed said...

Even I want a cool notepad
No one sends me anything!
bahhhh

Just let me know when you want to send me stuff. Just like that, for no rhyme or reason.

D said...

awwwww - this is so sweet!!!

-Poison- said...

howwww?

The Box said...

I must say something. Doesn't anyone feel intimidated by the sheer...I dunno, completeness of Minty's packages? These are things you send to your only daughter in college. Or stuff you do for a time capsule! I mean, I was going to participate before and now...I'm like, gosh what've I got to offer?

Kunal Daswani said...

Mint will you please be my friend also? i know I'm not an active blogger but if there is a package awaiting me in the future i shall will have new exciting posts up every 6 hours.

Pink said...

Ok, please see my new post and you're tagged so better get to work quick!!

Jax said...

Wohooooooowwww!! This was the 'CD' tree package? I ought to go and shake Mint's tree!!

Su said...

Hi Rithi ,

Surprise Surprise ! Its me Sunanda. I know its been so long .

I am in love with your blog. I had a serious case of the goosebumps when i read your letter to your grand-dad. Your writing is par excellant !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay in touch . I just started blogging too so please visit my site

sunanda

http://www.sunandaforever.blogspot.com/

Penny Lane said...

Lavi: Yeah, I saw the tag! Will do it quick as you command :p

Rat: Ok, now you've received it! Stop crying!

Jo: No, not birthday present... part of the CD tree thing.

Vignesh: Good luck getting that through Customs

Cowlick: We are always children at heart :p

Mint: Thanks again :)

Dr. Pissed: If ever I want to send anyone anything for no rhyme or reason, you will be top of the list :p

Naaz, D: Yeah, I know :)

Poison: CD tree thing... long story!

The Box: It was a magnificent effort! We can only reciprocate with our lame ass Tim Tams & Freddo Frogs (or Malaysia's equivalent)

Snoop: Be nice to me and I will send you package :)

Jax: Good luck with that :p

Sunanda: HEY! This is so exciting to catch up with people like this on blogworld! Of course, I will be visiting